- Intake and Assessment: This is the initial evaluation in which the client and therapist meet to begin the therapeutic process. Information is collected about the client’s background and past and present struggles so the therapist can determine the needs of the client. The client’s goals and desires determine the direction of treatment,
- Individual Therapy: These are sessions in which you meet with a counselor one-on-one to work on issues together. Most sessions last about 50 minutes long and they are focused on helping the client make the changes they want in their life.
- Family Therapy: These are counseling sessions with members of the family to help address problems within the family. This can include improving communication, finding ways to resolve conflict, help improve parenting skills, and looking for ways to handle changes in family dynamics.
- Clinical Supervision: I work with PLPCs to obtain their license I help them to develop their professional identity and their skills as a counselor. I have had a variety of experiences in my 14 years of counseling and supervision is a way of giving back to the profession that has done so much for me.
Rates & Insurance
Initial Intake & Assessment: $135
Follow-up 50-minute Individual and Family Therapy Sessions: $110
Clinical Supervision: $200 a month
Most health insurance policies cover part or all of the costs of Counseling Services.
I am a provider for several insurance companies including but not limited to:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Aetna Better Health of Louisiana (medicaid)
- United Healthcare
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan (medicaid)
- Amerihealth Caritas Louisiana (medicaid)
- Louisiana Healthcare Connections (medicaid)
- Behavioral Health Systems
- American Behavioral
For cancellations, please give the office at least 24 hours’ notice. If you do not show up or cancel less than 24 hours ahead, you will be charged a $50 fee that must be paid before your next appointment.